Re: xfs_symlink problem? 3.1 after rc10

To: Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz <arekm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_symlink problem? 3.1 after rc10
From: Carlos Maiolino <cmaiolino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:13:19 -0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> It happened again:
>
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/100_5434.JPG
> http://ixion.pld-linux.org/~arekm/100_5433.JPG
>
> The weird thing is that I never ever hit this before with pre 3.1rc10 git
> kernels. Was your bugfix a fix for new issue that was introduced in 3.1 cycle
> or for something old?

Hmm, sorry, my mistake here, I fixed a problem on xfs_readlink, not at
xfs_symlink.

Although, by your last screenshots, it doesn't look to be related with the
problem
I was working before.

On all screenshots the system is crashing while trying to acquire a mutex lock,
I don't
know much about the code path where the crash is happening, but, maybe if you
enable
CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG we can get some extra hints about where the system is
crashing? Also,
have you fsck'ed this FS? maybe an `xfs_repair -nv` would give any clue if
there is any
corrupted metadata which would cause this error

--
--Carlos