Re: TRIM on XFS

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: TRIM on XFS
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:29:44 +0200
On Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011 Dave Chinner wrote:
> e84661a xfs: add online discard support
>
> and
>
> a46db60 xfs: add FITRIM support

I guess that means those patches are not released by now? Sorry, I know
that these numbers are the patch ID, but don't know what to do with it.

> So both online and background trim methods are available.

I found the threads in the mailing list. FITRIM v3 Patch was posted
7.Jan.2011, but even if it's in default kernel already - how would you
call it?

> Test well before using them in production, though, as buggy hardware
> or thinp implementations are quite common....

I have a NetApp Storage here that is quite capable :-)
Just having no idea how to activate filesystem discard support :-(

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531