TRIM on XFS

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TRIM on XFS
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:52:19 +0200
It's been a long time since I've been reading about TRIM. What is the
current state for XFS? I believe there's TRIM support, but only offline.
Can someone explain how to activate that and actually run a TRIM?

And there was some talk of "inline TRIM", i.e. always TRIMing on delete.
Is that implemented already?

We're on VMware with thin provisioned machines, and that would hugely
benefit from TRIM.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc