question about XATTRS of symlinks in Linux

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: question about XATTRS of symlinks in Linux
From: Kārlis Repsons <k@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:17:41 +0000

Hello!

Could you let me know if there is any way to attach extended attributes
to symlinks in Linux or why shouldn't it be done? I'm considering to
write some additions for ext filesystem modules with aim of providing
Linux with a capability to identify and sign *all* objects in filesystem
for later identification... That, of course, includes symlinks...