Re: xfs_repair segfaut in stage 6

To: Bartosz Cisek <bartosz.cisek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair segfaut in stage 6
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:24:30 -0400
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:38:44AM +0200, Bartosz Cisek wrote:
> W dniu 12.09.2011 18:12, Christoph Hellwig pisze:
> > I've repaired the image fine using xfs_repair from the Debian testing
> > xfsprogs 3.1.5+nmu1 package.  It found two invalid blocks in a
> > directory, which look like the result from the hardware error you saw.
> >
> > You should be able to just rebuild the current xfsprogs (from
> > testing/unstable or git) on Lenny and get the same result.
>
> I've build xfs_repair from git on lenny and got segfault before my first
> email to this list (please refer to first email in this thread) :)

Ooops.

> What else I can do to find what differ our two cases?

The hardware?  Given that you were getting read I/O errors from the
hardware when shutting the fs down you probably got those as well when
running repair and that caused the segfault.   Can you run xfs_repair
under gdb for me, that is:

gdb /path/to.xfs_repair

(gdb) set args /dev/cciss/c0d5p1
(gdb) run

and see what backtrace it gives you?

Please make sure to build xfs_repair in the git tree manually using
make and not the Debian packaging, as that removes the debug symbols.

You can run gdb on the xfs_repair binary just built in the tree, no
need to install it first.