Gim Leong Chin wrote:
This is the very first time I tried doing a xfsrestore of a back up and I hit
some serious trouble.
I had openSUSE 11.1 (kernel 2.6.27) on my Acer notebook. I did a xfsdump of
/home to a WD My Passport external USB hard drive with XFS on it.
I installed openSUSE 11.4 (kernel 2.6.37), then tried to do xfsrestore from the
WD USB drive. The dump file is 121 GB.
I tried two times on two different days, but each time the xfsrestore would
stop writing at the exact same point, 49 GB and say success at the end.
I then copied the dump file to one hard drive on my desk top, and did a dump to
another hard drive, to /tmp/mnt3. I get back identical messages:
9>xfsrestore: attempt to read 1008286921 bytes failed: end of recorded data
xfsdump breaks a file's data into "extents" that are a max size of 16 MB.
The fact that this is trying to read almost 1 GB here indicates that
the extend header is corrupt.
xfsrestore: content.c:7510: restore_extent_group: Assertion `ehdr.eh_type ==
As Dave said, this also indicates a corrupt extent header.
I'd recommend adding "-v 5" to your xfsrestore command line and redirecting the
(very verbose) output to a file, and send that compressed output to me or the
list. It'd be best to do this with more than one of your dumps so we can see
if there's a pattern to where the corruption occurs.