Re: 3.0.1: xfs hang

To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 3.0.1: xfs hang
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:18:12 -0400
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 03:38:21PM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forgot to remove 'delaylog' from my fstab on one of my machines,
> while rm -rf a large directory with many files:

Does it actually hand the machine, or do you get the warning and then
work continues?

Unfortunately your backtrace doesn't seem overly reliable, so it's kinda
hard to figure out what is going on.  There is nothing delaylog related
in the provided one though.  If it halfway matches what is going on it
seems to be block I/O related.