Re: PM / hibernate xfs lock up / xfs_reclaim_inodes_ag

To: "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PM / hibernate xfs lock up / xfs_reclaim_inodes_ag
From: Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:43:27 +0200
Hi!

> > > Why don't you simply submit a patch to do that?
> >
> > a) I don't know how to test suspend/hibernate
> > b) I don't have any hardware I can test it on.

hibernation should work on any hardware. Just add cmdline parameter
resume=<your swap> and use echo disk > /sys/power/state.

suspend is supported on most PCs, and certainly on any notebook. Just
echo mem > /sys/power/state.
                                                                        Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html