Re: "Corrupt dinode 6242615, (btree extents). This is a bug."

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: "Corrupt dinode 6242615, (btree extents). This is a bug."
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 13:58:38 +0200
Cc: Hanne Munkholm <hanne@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Montag, 8. August 2011 Hanne Munkholm wrote:
> a) Does it look like clearing the log with -L would be a good
> idea? To me it looks like a lot of errors that are not log
> errors is found?

Yes, mount -L/umount once to replay the log, when you are sure the block
device works correctly again.

> b) What's with the segfault? What happens when the "real" repair
> with no -n gets to the segfault? Is it dangerous to try it if it
> segfaults somewhere halfway? (More dangerous than it would
> normally be).
>
> It is a 6TB file system and I am running a terribly old Xen
> kernel: 2.6.26-2-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 13 18:44:16 UTC 2011
> x86_64 GNU/Linux

Try to get the newest xfsprogs, maybe that's a bug in xfs_repair itself
that has been fixed. If that doesn't help, a newer kernel might solve
your problem.

Generally I've been able to fix all problems, and if not, xfsprogs has
received an update to fix a bug. But it's been a long time since the
latest bug, so an actual xfs_repair might help you.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531