Re: 1 Gb Ethernet based HPC storage deployment plan

To: Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1 Gb Ethernet based HPC storage deployment plan
From: Lee Eric <openlinuxsource@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:52:52 +0800
Cc: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=+2ZyRNVvAgjLRrqDJOab7Idyumx3AtL5Z3d2T+UnFN8=; b=ACqJ3+gbvtq5mAxD81+vuD/0B9Km34zjn19e47pjbhy63qTABK1kpOBQzG6ZGX3rC5 XZ4KtGvieMiO4zWKpXvArqzbX1FWtmfmAoZIDqSjyw7wEONED8yXTiH/vZTy18MNfgXG 5pq6hqjfpduDY1D+gZ/yMKie87aSCBKBNUn4g=
Thanks mates. So the typical storage solution for the small size
cluster may use IP SAN as I know before. Yes, I can export the data by
using NFS directly without iSCSI/AoE but is there any good point to
use XFS? I just know XFS is better for parallelized read/write
operations in local disks.

By the way, is there any good advantage to use XFS as the underlying
local filesystem for cluster/distributed/parallel filesystem?

Thanks very much.

Eric