Re: 1 Gb Ethernet based HPC storage deployment plan

To: Lee Eric <openlinuxsource@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1 Gb Ethernet based HPC storage deployment plan
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 11:30:27 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:03:33 +0800 vous écriviez:

> I know it would be better if I can use Lustre but my interconnection
> is a little slow. I suspect if it is feasible if using such parallel
> file system.
>
> Does anyone has good idea on this deployment?

For this kind of setup, true cluster filesystems like Lustre,
PVFS2/OrangeFS, Gluster, Ceph... would be much better. Striping 20
iSCSI volumes across would be awfully dangerous.

I'd go with OrangeFS (pvfs.org) because I'm pretty happy with it so far
(using XFS as the underlying local filesystem). It's precisely made to
agreggate computing clusters storage.