Re: Problems building xfsprogs

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems building xfsprogs
From: "Ted Ts'o" <tytso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:31:22 -0400
Cc: Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 05:06:19AM -0400, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I works fine for me on various releases of Debian, Fedsora, RHEL and
> SLES.  But all he machines I've quickly checked seem to have an autoconf
> that can handle -I, so could you please send this pach with a proper
> signoff and description?

Sure, will do.

> > b) By default xfsprogs builds with DEBUG, and this causes building
> > libxfs/xfs_ialloc.c to blow up since there a reference of
> > xfs_stack_trace() which is undefined under a #ifdef DEBUG.  The way to
> > fix this is to build with DEBUG=-DNDEBUG, but it took me an hour or
> > two figure this out....
>
> The defaul actually is DEBUG=-DNDEBUG.  No sure how you go he debug
> build. but we surely should fix it.  I'll add the stub as soon as I get
> some time.

Well, the default from xfstest-dev/m4/package_globals.m4 is:

    DEBUG=${DEBUG:-'-DDEBUG'}                                   dnl  -DNDEBUG
    debug_build="$DEBUG"
    AC_SUBST(debug_build)

I'm guessing you're getting the default of DEBUG=-DNDEBUG because
you're getting the package_globals.m4 package from some other m4
directory....

                                                - Ted