2.6.39.1: (2.6.35+ probably): delaylog bug

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 2.6.39.1: (2.6.35+ probably): delaylog bug
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 17:24:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Alan Piszcz <ap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello,

I help to support a system (similar to mine) with a 3ware 9750-24i4e and when you rm -rf a directory with too many files, the system will act lagged, lock up for periods of time and drop connections (including samba shares) to and from the host. Its so bad it cannot even talk to the UPS for example (ups: communications lost, e.g. from nut). This is pretty bad and I've remounted my XFS FS w/out delaylog but for the xfstests package, it really needs to test with a few million files in a directory or two, and you should easily be able to reproduce the problem.

When the delaylog option is removed, the files are removed slowly, but there are no errors, SSH/samba connections do NOT drop, etc, please look into this, thanks.

Justin.