Re: xfs_growfs doesn't resize

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_growfs doesn't resize
From: kkeller@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:30:20 -0700
Hello again all,

I apologize for following up my own post, but I found some new information.

On Thu 30/06/11  2:42 PM , kkeller@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2008-01/msg00085.html

I found a newer thread in the archives which might be more relevant to my issue:

But I haven't yet done a umount, and don't really wish to.  So, my followup
questions are:

==Is there a simple way to figure out what xfs_growfs did, and whether it
caused any problems?
==Will I be able to fix these problems, if any, without needing a umount?
==Assuming my filesystem is healthy, will a simple kernel update (and reboot of
course!) allow me to resize the filesystem in one step, instead of 2TB
increments?

Again, many thanks!

--keith

--