Re: XFS Kconfig variable XFS_TRACE not defined anywhere

To: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS Kconfig variable XFS_TRACE not defined anywhere
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 03:44:30 -0400
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 07:24:46AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   just FYI:
>
> ===== XFS_TRACE =====
> ./fs/xfs/Makefile:xfs-$(CONFIG_XFS_TRACE)             += xfs_btree_trace.o
>
>   as far as i can tell, there is no definition of the Kconfig variable
> XFS_TRACE, so that Makefile entry is redundant.

It's part of the old kdb-only tracing implementation and now dead.  We
left it in as a reminder to still convert the btree tracing code to
trace events once the technology for it becomes awailable.  At this
point I suspect we could simply remove it as we still have the code
available in git history.  And xfs_btree_trace.c itself doesn't contain
any interesting code anyway as the interesting bits are in the macros
which we are going to keep anyway.