Re: xfstest run result on 2.6.35.13 X86, 51 test cases failed

To: Ajeet Yadav <ajeet.yadav.77@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfstest run result on 2.6.35.13 X86, 51 test cases failed
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:13:24 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 02:16:02PM +0530, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
> Dear All.
> I have installed the 2.6.35.13 long term valilla kernel release
> (www.kenrel.org) on my Intel core 2 duo PC, and run 11-05-2011 xfstest
> version, and run on it, below is the list of fails test cases.
> As far as I know community uses xfstest for QA, seeing so many fails,
> I am bit worried.

It shouldn't fail very many tests at all...

> Can anyone hepl me know that why so many fails, is I missed some
> config option ? or these test cases are not applicable ? or there is
> someting else

Well, without telling us why the tests are failing (i.e. copy all
the output rather than just telling us some tests failed) we have no
idea what the failures you are seeing are. Without some indication
of what they failures are nobody can really comment on your
situation....

Cheers,

Dave.
--