Port xfstests 145, 161, 175, 176, 185?

To: Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Port xfstests 145, 161, 175, 176, 185?
From: Allison Henderson <achender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 11:48:58 -0700
Hi all!

During one of my reviews for the punch hole tests patch set it was mentioned that it would be helpful to take the xfstests 145, 161, 175, 176, 185 and modify them such that they can run with out requiring the dmapi. These tests contain some more interesting punch hole tests, but they dont normally run unless there is support for dmapi.

I did take a peek at them and I was thinking that if we decide to do this, we would probably need to do something like introduce a new set of source code that is similar to what is seen under the dmapi folder, but modified to use a generic interface instead of the dmapi libraries. We could try to merge them into a single code path, but I think that may introduce more complexities than would be desirable.

I just wanted to get a general consensus of how many people would be interested in this idea. Thx all!

Allison Henderson