Re: convert External Log to Internal Log

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: convert External Log to Internal Log
From: "Ling C. Ho" <ling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:54:40 -0700
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Ok. I will go the safe route, recreate the file system, and restore the data.

Thanks,
ling

On 4/28/11 5:32 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 04:45:59PM -0700, Ling Ho wrote:
Is there any way to convert from external log to internal log on RHEL 5.6?
Try dump-mkfs-restore - there's no simple way of converting an
existing filesystem.  At least, not without highly dangerous offline
manual xfs_db surgery that could corrupt the fs....

I tried running xfs_growfs -i but it complains saying

xfs_growfs: failed to access external log for /dev/sdc

and the man page says -i is not implemented. I am using xfsprogs
version 3.1.5.
Yup, not implemented and as such not supported.

Cheers,

Dave.