RE: XFS memory allocation deadlock in 2.6.38

To: "'Dave Chinner'" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: XFS memory allocation deadlock in 2.6.38
From: Sean Noonan <Sean.Noonan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 17:33:36 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Bligh <Martin.Bligh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Trammell Hudson <Trammell.Hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> What is the configuration of the machine you are testing on? I can't
> reproduce this on a current 2.6.39-tot tree on a 2p/2GB RAM VM that
> has it's blockdev images on a single SATA drive....

The machine we are testing with has 12 cores, 12 hyperthreaded siblings, and
48GB of RAM.  The filesystem is backed by a partition on one large hardware
RAID.  There is a second bug we've run into that I'll report tomorrow.

Could you point me to the current tree you are working with?  2.6.39-tot
doesn't mean anything to me.

Sean