Does XFS ever relocate extents after they are on disk?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Does XFS ever relocate extents after they are on disk?
From: Steven Swanson <swanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 23:55:21 -0800
I have simple question that I'm having trouble finding a concrete answer for:

Does XFS ever relocate a file or one of its extents once it's been written to
disk?  For instance, does the file system ever decide to reorganize extents to
reduce fragmentation.

I've read through all the documentation I can find, and everything points to
using an external de-fragmentation tool, which suggests that XFS won't do it
autonomously, but for the project we are working on it would be useful to know
for certain when and under what conditions XFS might decide to move an extent
that's already been written.

Thanks!

-steve