Re: git xfsprogs don't build

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: git xfsprogs don't build
From: Marc Lehmann <schmorp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 01:00:33 +0100
On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 07:52:53PM -0500, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 05:36:08PM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > That almost certainly means somebody tried to build a shared object or
> > library with some object file compiled without -fPIC.
>
> That function indeed doesn't exist in non-debug builds.  But by default
> we do not build xfsprogs that way.

-fPIC isn't a function, it tells gcc to not generate text relocations -
these are not supported on linux amd64.

> For now make sure to not have
> -DNDEBUG in your CFLAGS, I'll make sure we get a proper fix commited.

Well, I didn't have -DNDEBUG in my CFLAGS, but libxfs/Makefile and
libxlog/Makefile apparently had them. After removing them, I indeed do not
get the linker issue on amd64, but similar errors as on ia32:

http://ue.tst.eu/1b84c67209430c03b238b48eae7da108.txt

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp@xxxxxxxxxx