Re: corruption, xfs_repair 3.1.4 segfaults, xfs_repair 2.9.8 works

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: corruption, xfs_repair 3.1.4 segfaults, xfs_repair 2.9.8 works
From: Marc Lehmann <schmorp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 18:30:22 +0100
On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 12:14:07PM +0100, Emmanuel Florac
<eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Lenny's xfs_repair (v 2.9.x IIRC). Just in case, it may do better.

It did, and with a lot fewer scary messages (no -P or -m was necessary):

http://ue.tst.eu/f3860347ab2147d87fdf8f961d6d4358.txt

afterwards, I had the contents of the single directory that caused issues
in lost+found, and no unreadable directories left.

So definitely a regression in 3.1.4.

Thanks a lot for your all your input - I will reformat the partition soon
and restore the files, assuming that the lenny xfs_repair destroyed any
evidence.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp@xxxxxxxxxx