Re: xfsdump SGI_FS_BULKSTAT errno = 22, how could this IRIX bug get into

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsdump SGI_FS_BULKSTAT errno = 22, how could this IRIX bug get into Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid between kernels 2.6.32-27 and 2.6.32-26?
From: Michael Lueck <mlueck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 09:43:03 -0500
Cc: Bill Kendall <wkendall@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Dann Frazier <dannf@xxxxxxxxxx>
Dave Chinner wrote:
So bulkstat got EINVAL returned for and inode that it was looking
up. That implies that it was racing with an unlink, which is
what the above commits catch and prevent. Can you run xfsdump with
full debug output (-v 5) so we can see what inode is being operated
on when this failure occurs?

Thank you so much Dave!

Please find the trace output here in zipped format:

http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/pub/ldsbackup.trace.log.zip

I chose to trace the "data" backup that actually had some size to it.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems