FW: how to decode metadump info produced by xfs_db, and superblock error

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: how to decode metadump info produced by xfs_db, and superblock error
From: lord worm <cryptopsy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:48:10 -0500
I supposed I should have added the output of xfs_repair -n -o assume_xfs /mybackupfile.bak (but I know you use the metadump file for real debugging ...). It seems the superblock is correct, so either mount is wrong in sayings it incorrect (and something else is the problem), or the superblock is broken and xfs_repair cannot detect (also broken):

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
No modify flag set, skipping phase 5
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - traversing filesystem ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify link counts...
No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.