how to decode metadump info produced by xfs_db, and superblock error

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: how to decode metadump info produced by xfs_db, and superblock error
From: lord worm <cryptopsy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:25:10 -0500
What kind of information is in this file produced by metadump, is it worth reading it somehow?

I'm trying to first understand what's causing a 'superblock cannot be read' error in my XFS after a succesfully dd of the partition (dd succeeds in copying to a file, and also restoring, but after restoring it cannot mount).

xfs_repair fails to fix it, how should I attach the 55M metadata file to this email (do we have an upload location for this?), max size on hotmail is 25M ...

Does the superblock error refer to primary or secondary superblocks? Does xfs_repair attempt to clone the broken superblock from the others?