Re: extremely slow write performance plaintext

To: Cory Coager <ccoager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: extremely slow write performance plaintext
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:35:27 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:22:36 -0500 vous écriviez:

>  I am getting over
> 180MB/s read speeds and 40MB/s write speeds on all the LV's except
> one.

This is pretty bad. My last 14 SAS drives RAID-6 array achieved 500
MB/s write, 1GB/s read sustained. What is the SAS controller? the RAID
controller? Please provide more details about the
enclosure/drives/cabling too.

What is the kernel/distro? Did you striped your LVs across multiple
physical volumes except the last one? What's the output for pvdisplay,
vgdisplay, lvdisplay?