I just pushed an update to the master branch on oss.
- Dave's fixes to address corruption due to overlapping
concurrent async direct I/O (and associated code
- Dave's patch to avoid repeated log covering transactions
- Christoph's patch to add FITRIM support to XFS.
- Christoph's change (with credit to others) to
rework the buffer I/O completion code, fixing
problems that occur should a sync I/O fail.
- Three more, described below.
I plan to send this stuff to Linus in another pull
request for 2.6.38--probably next week sometime--after
it's spent some time in the -next tree.
Dave, you're going to want to pay particular note
to the last three of these. They affect patch
series you have but which have not been accepted
- xfs: prevent NMI timeouts in cmn_err
This was the first in your recent log API series
- xfs: Add log level to assertion printk
This one gets eliminated by the log API series,
but the last one in your series won't apply
cleanly because one is in place. (Trivial fix.)
- xfs: fix an assignment within an ASSERT()
This one was proposed by Anton Blanchard but
you said it had already been covered by a
patch you had. But that patch was held back
with the percpu counters stuff, and I wanted
to include the fix now. Again, easy to fix
but I just wanted to call your attention to it.