RedHat, Novell and SGI xfs kernel module api

To: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RedHat, Novell and SGI xfs kernel module api
From: Larsen, Tore Høivaag <tore.hoivaag.larsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:35:44 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Alexis Cousein <al@xxxxxxx>
Hi,

    currently we are purchasing Redhat's ScaleFS, SGI's cxfs, and Novell SLES
xfs.

    Having e.g. Redhat XFS play nicely with cxfs client is not trivial.
Usually, I have to choose ScaleFS w/lvm2 volumes og RHEL, but if I want cxfs,
But I can't have local xvm volumes on 3rd party hw.

    Is there plans to make an effort to making sure the xfs api is common from
the vendors and play nicely with each other ?    Comments?

Mvh / Best Regards,
--
MSc Tore H. Larsen
Sr. Systems Engineer, Instrumentation