Re: Simultaneously mounting one XFS partition on multiple machines

To: "Patrick J. LoPresti" <lopresti@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Simultaneously mounting one XFS partition on multiple machines
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:52:29 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:46:39 -0800 vous écriviez:

> If your answer is "Please do not do this; get a clustered filesystem",
> then trust me, you are preaching to the choir.

Just as a side note : OCFS2 works well, is present in all major
distros, is extremely fast to setup and install, and is only slightly
slower than xfs. There is absolutely no valid reason not to use it (GFS
OTOH is a complete PITA to setup).

Yeah I know, I know...