Re: Anyone using XFS in production on > 20TiB volumes?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Anyone using XFS in production on > 20TiB volumes?
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 01:26:55 +0100
Cc: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:03:13 -0600 vous écriviez:

> http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_I_want_to_tune_my_XFS_filesystems_for_.3Csomething.3E
>
> which mentions getting your geometry right if it's hardware raid
> that can't be detected automatically.

Just as a side note : I tried several times to manually set the
filesystem layout to precisely match the underlying hardware RAID
with sunit and swidth but didn't find that it made a noticeable
difference. On my 39.9 TB systems, the default agcount is 39, while the
optimum would be (theorically at least)  42.