Re: XFS in LINUX embedded environment

To: "Zak, Semion" <SZak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS in LINUX embedded environment
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:04:21 +1100
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, XTV FS Group <XTVFSGroup@xxxxxxx>
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 05:39:03PM +0200, Zak, Semion wrote:
> Hi,
> I try to use XFS in LINUX embedded environment, without virtual memory.

Can you describe your platform and environment for us? Does
"without virtual memory" mean you are using a uclinux variant? Or
does it mean you are simply not using any swap?

> In one of the tests I got "Out of memory" error.

Can you provide the test case and details of the OOM error?

> My question is:
>
> Is it possible to bound or decrease memory use by XFS?

Not directly - same as every other linux filesystem.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner