Re: XFS Direct IO, unaligned block zeroing at 128K boundery

To: Ajeet Yadav <ajeet.yadav.77@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS Direct IO, unaligned block zeroing at 128K boundery
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 20:57:51 +1100
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:23:11PM +0530, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
> Dear all
> I made a simple script that creates a 2MB file using directio write
> operation,
> The objective was to test with different buffer sizes from 4K-5K-6K..8K, the
> buffer was filled with 5,
> Than take hexdump of file to check data integrity.

what kernel? Can you reproduce it on a mainline kernel? If so,
can you apply the three patches in this thread:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-fsdevel&m=128920213904443&w=2

and see if that fixes the problem?

Also, if you are writing new test scripts that demonstrate problems,
it's handy to attach them to your bug reports, or better yet, send
patches to add them to the xfstests suite....

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner