Re: Xfs delaylog hanged up

To: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xfs delaylog hanged up
From: Spelic <spelic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 01:36:37 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/23/2010 11:48 PM, Emmanuel Florac wrote:
So Spelic, you're using the 3Ware as a SATA controller, but not a RAID
controller? This is quite unexpected, though going with md
instead provides better IOPS.

Yep, because I know MD better, I can see the code, it's more flexible and customizable, can be controlled with scripts more easily... Also parameters to the underlying drives can be controlled if I use MD, and it's easier to align filesystem to stripes. Also my time is better spent learning it as MD won't change the next time I buy a different hw controller.
What would be the advantage of using hardware raid?