Re: xfsprogs 2.x vs 3.x logsize changed

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfsprogs 2.x vs 3.x logsize changed
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:22:43 +0100
Cc: Łukasz Oleś <lukasz.oles@xxxxxxxxxx>, Artur Piechocki <artur.piechocki@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Mittwoch, 17. November 2010 Łukasz Oleś wrote:
> Can I stay with the old log size or maybe there are some good reasons
> to use  new values?

I believe the new defaults are there because it results in faster
metadata operations when there are lots of them. I'd guess if you only
ever have one writer it wouldn't matter much, but in case you have
several parallel writers it could make a difference. But I'm not a dev,
maybe they can confirm or clarify.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc