xfsprogs 2.x vs 3.x logsize changed

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfsprogs 2.x vs 3.x logsize changed
From: Łukasz Oleś <lukasz.oles@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:49:04 +0100
Cc: Artur Piechocki <artur.piechocki@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

I'm upgrading xfsprogs from 2.10.1 to the latest 3.1.4 version. I noticed that
when I'm creating large lvm volume (2T) the log size is almost 1G in the old
version it was 128M.
I know I can manipulate this value with -lsize option, but I'm wondering why
this difference is so huge?

On this volume I have one sparse file which is exported by iSCSI Target.  I
have script which calculates  for me "seek" value for dd command and now it
returns me wrong values.
Can I stay with the old log size or maybe there are some good reasons to use
new values?

Regards,
Łukasz Oleś