Re: xfs_repair of critical volume

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_repair of critical volume
From: Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 21:31:52 -0600
Michael Monnerie put forth on 11/13/2010 9:35 AM:

> Maybe, but you took my message, which solely described that XFS is
> incredible to still work, and mix it with the wish to still have that
> data.

That is not what I said at all.  I said that the metadata showing that
the files still exist, when in fact they do not, isn't a state of
affairs I'd describe as "robust".  I've stated this at least twice now,
very clearly.  You are ascribing thoughts, wishes, etc, to me, that I
never enunciated.  I made a simple remark about a very specific aspect
of the OP's situation, relating to your remark, period.  I did not
suggest an alternate behavior would be better.

--
Stan