Re: reducing imaxpct on linux

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: reducing imaxpct on linux
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:01:47 +0100
Cc: "CZEH, Istvan" <iczeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Freitag, 12. November 2010 CZEH, Istvan wrote:
> What could happen if I reduce imaxpct? Is it safe or painful?
> What is really a chance that the 25% value is causing the error?

I don't believe reducing imaxpct results in more free space, because
that's the *maximum* Inodes can have.

I'm not a dev, but AFAIK the "no free space" problem comes when the
space in the first TeraByte is completely filled. I don't remember
exactly, either the FAQ tells you or look in the mailinglist archive.
The question about "no free space despite enough free" comes rather
often.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc