Re: XFS mounting fails on MIPS

To: Ajeet Yadav <ajeet.yadav.77@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS mounting fails on MIPS
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:05:28 -0500
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-mips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ajeet,

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 04:43:04PM +0530, Ajeet Yadav wrote:
> True, its the same system and you were right it was cache VIPT cache problem
> the cache hold the stale value even after xlog_bread() update the buffer.
> I do not know whether its correct ways to resolve the problem, but the
> problem no longer occur.

It seems like you more less re-implemented the vmap coherency hooks
inside XFS, hardcoded to the mips implementation.

The actual helpers would looks something like:

static inline void flush_kernel_vmap_range(void *addr, int size)
        dma_cache_inv(addr, size);

static inline void invalidate_kernel_vmap_range(void *addr, int size)
        dma_cache_inv(addr, size);

For some reason the kernel also expects flush_dcache_page to be
implemented by an architecture if we want to implement these two

Can someone of the mips folks helps with this?

The testcase is easy, mounting an xfs filesystem after an unclean
shutdown on a machine with virtually indexed caches.