Re: Best filesystems ?

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Best filesystems ?
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 20:27:59 +0200
On Samstag, 23. Oktober 2010 Peter Grandi wrote:
> * Reiser3 is nice with the right parameters for the few cases
>   where there is a significant number of small files on a small
>   storage system accessed by a single process.

I still use reiser3 for all servers root filesystems, it's very good for
that. Never had a problem.

For anything else I use XFS for performance reasons. Except for my KDE
/home partition, that stays on reiserfs because KDE seems to rely on
O_PONIES and crashes lead to zero size config files which is not a lot
of fun.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc