Re: Interesting possible XFS crash condition

To: Shawn Usry <shawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Interesting possible XFS crash condition
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:27:58 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:01:00 -0500 vous écriviez:

> 2.  I did upgrade the firmware on the controller to a newer version
> AFTER the issue appeared, hoping this would resolve it.  Same results.
>
> At this point I'm leaning toward faulty hardware somewhere.

Another possibility is a memory problem, possibly making the machine
crash under heavy load; if most RAM is used as filesystem caching, this
maybe may lead to apparently xfs related errors. You could try running
memtest86+ on the system for a couple of hours.