Re: build error in current dev tree

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: build error in current dev tree
From: Alex Elder <aelder@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:01:04 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 23:08 +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Can you fix up the current dev tree? When I merge it into
> 2.6.36-rc8, I get the following error:
>
>   CC      fs/xfs/support/debug.o
>   CC      fs/xfs/support/uuid.o
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_sync.c:671: error: redefinition of
> ‘__xfs_inode_clear_reclaim_tag’
> fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_sync.c:623: note: previous definition of
> ‘__xfs_inode_clear_reclaim_tag’ was here
>
> I beleive it's a merge error because you rebased the for-linus
> branch to change a commit message for a pull to Linus, and the
> linux-next tree is also seeing this problem. Now that commit is in
> mainline it is not merging cleanly with the dev branch.  Can you
> either commit a fix or rebase the current tree on 2.6.36-rc8?

I see what you're talking about.

As I recall, 5ae4ef83... (xfs: properly account for reclaimed
inodes) didn't apply cleanly to Linus' master because of other
recent changes to linux-2.6/xfs_sync.c (possibly the batched
per-AG lookup commit e1a48dbec... caused the problem).

It's possible I did not finish out resolving the issue properly.
In any case, I'll try to resolve it by re-basing the entire XFS
dev tree to v2.6.26-rc8. Christoph had suggested doing that anyway.

Once I've done that people will have to forcibly update their
tracking branches; I'll provide info once I've fixed the problem.
Thanks a lot for pointing it out.

                                        -Alex