Re: Contiguous file sequences

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Contiguous file sequences
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:42:31 +0200
On Mittwoch, 22. September 2010 Eric Sandeen wrote:
> preallocation of each image before writing would help make it more
> likely that each image is itself contiguous (but again this is not
> -guaranteed-)

If all images were 1-2MB large, and if there is no parallel create, but
all images are copied after each other, wouldn't the mount option
"allocsize=2M" be sufficient to ensure pics are contigous? I guess XFS
would place them behind each other on disk, or why should there be gaps
between?

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc