Re: LWN.net article: creating 1 billion files -> Tests we did

To: pg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Grandi)
Subject: Re: LWN.net article: creating 1 billion files -> Tests we did
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:25:42 +0200
Cc: Linux XFS <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Le Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:29:01 +0100 vous écriviez:

> [ ... useless run of something misrepresented as a test ... ]

I won't comment on the usefulness of your rant, though, because I'd
rather stay amiable.

If you don't mind, I'll however post complementary results of the same
test running on different filesystems on the very same hardware,
because apparently you missed the fact that this was about tracking
comparative xfs progress in some metadata intensive workloads.