Re: System partially unusable after power loss...

To: Linux XFS <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System partially unusable after power loss...
From: pg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Grandi)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:15:11 +0100
> I've had the same issues, that's why I now run my KDE directory on an
> ext4 partition again. I really love XFS, but KDE it seems doesn't sync
> enough, or always changes some files, as I've had crashes at a time
> where nobody worked still some KDE config files were 0 afterwards.

Why would anyone still be caught out by the 'O_PONIES' issue?

It is very well documented, and even minimally aware people
should have read at least the XFS FAQ, and/or:

http://sandeen.net/wordpress/?p=42
http://sandeen.net/wordpress/?p=34
http://thunk.org/tytso/blog/2009/03/12/delayed-allocation-and-the-zero-length-file-problem/