Re: XFS Filesystem not mounting

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS Filesystem not mounting
From: Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:09:13 -0500
Michael Monnerie put forth on 9/14/2010 9:03 AM:

> I'm currently on 11.2, and must say it's the best I ever worked with.
> Especially upgrading is so fast, smooth and easy now (in-place upgrade)
> that it really makes fun. Didn't have time to upgrade to 11.3, I just
> did a fresh install of it once and it looked even better (desktop
> version on a notebook).

I've been using Debian for headless servers for many years.
Distribution upgrades via apt-get or aptitude have been smooth and easy
for many years.  I have one server that's been in-place upgraded from
Woody through Lenny with only minor dependency issues--that's 4
distribution upgrades over 5 years--Woody, Sarge, Etch, Lenny.

Then again, I don't use Debian kernels, so my kernels were never
upgraded during the dist upgrade.  This may have prevented some
headaches.  I roll my own kernels from kernel.org source and tend to
keep fairly current.  So, when I do a dist upgrade my current kernel is
usually newer than what the dist upgrade provides.  The fact I leave out
features I don't need may play a role in preventing problems as well.

--
Stan