Re: XFS Filesystem not mounting

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS Filesystem not mounting
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:03:24 +0200
Cc: pbrunnen <PBrunnen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Dienstag, 14. September 2010 pbrunnen wrote:
> Hello all...
>    First and foremost I want to say Thank You to everyone for the
>  sounding board.  Yesterday was a bit panicky for me.  ;-)
>
>    Time was not my friend and I ended up having to try the route that
> Emmanuel suggested by rebuilding the log with "xfs_repair -L"...
>  Tried to avoid it until the end.

And did it work out finally? Was a destroyed log the problem?

>   Yes, its based on 10.2...  The kernel is one of the only things not
> updated.  I really don't like the newer builds of SuSE as much and
>  have been reluctant to upgrade.  I am considering to build a newer
>  kernel or switch to debian.

I'm currently on 11.2, and must say it's the best I ever worked with.
Especially upgrading is so fast, smooth and easy now (in-place upgrade)
that it really makes fun. Didn't have time to upgrade to 11.3, I just
did a fresh install of it once and it looked even better (desktop
version on a notebook).

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc