Re: XFS Filesystem not mounting

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS Filesystem not mounting
From: pbrunnen <PBrunnen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,

> There's a good chance your storage is in a bad state. Can you send the
> output
> of "echo w > /proc/sysrq-trigger" when the system is hung?

I issued your command this after running 'mount /dev/sdd1 /data'

dmesg outputs:
XFS mounting filesystem sdd1
Starting XFS recovery on filesystem: sdd1 (logdev: internal)
SysRq : HELP : loglevel0-8 reBoot Crashdump tErm Full kIll saK showMem Nice
powerOff showPc unRaw Sync showTasks Unmount

Not much... nothing on the command line appears.

>From ps ax, here are my dead processes:

 1909 ?        S<     0:04 [xfslogd/0]
 1910 ?        S<     0:39 [xfsdatad/0]
10044 tty1     D+     0:00 mount /dev/sdd1 /data/
10045 ?        S<     0:00 [xfsbufd]

Thanks again so very much!

-Cheers, Peter.