Re: XFS over LVM over md RAID

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS over LVM over md RAID
From: Richard Scobie <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:08:11 +1200
 Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> What is the reasoning behind adding so many terabytes under a single filesystem?

Heavily scripted project environments, where initial storage estimates are exceeded and more needs to be added without the complications of managing seperate filesystems part way through.

It is unlikely that more than 2 arrays would be involved and I used the example to try and understand how XFS adapts to changing topologies.

Regards,

Richard