Traditional HPC Total Market Forecast: 2010 to 2014

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Traditional HPC Total Market Forecast: 2010 to 2014
From: "Amy Cole" <amy.cole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:47:12 GMT
I enclose details of our High Productivity Computing Market Report.

This Intersect360 Research report presents our forecast estimates for the size
of the overall traditional High Productivity Computing (HPC) market, including
servers, storage, services, software, networks, and other products, from 2010
through 2014, with compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) based on 2009. Overall
we expect revenue to grow at a 7.8% CAGR over the forecast period. This
higher-than-usual CAGR is the result of a down year in 2009, from which we
expect the market to rebound.

- Despite contracting by 21% due to macroeconomic effects in 2009, the HPC
market will rebound to $21.8 billion by 2014.

- The Mid-Range and Entry-Level segments hold the best opportunities for
growth, based mostly on a larger potential pool of convertible and found
problems, which lead to green-field opportunities.

- The fastest-growing product segments are storage (9.1% CAGR) and software
(8.7%), reflecting the increasing pace of differentiation in technologies
beyond the computational system hardware.

- EMEA markets should not be overlooked, as we believe that, even starting from
a larger base, these markets hold similar growth opportunities to the highly
touted Asia-Pacific markets and may be more stable.

- In evaluating vertical market opportunities, both growth rates and absolute
growth potential must be considered. We predict the best overall opportunities
in: bio-sciences, consumer product manufacturing, energy, and chemicals.
Markets that can leverage software and experience from related fields are most
likely to show the greatest growth.

For more information please click on:
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_traditional_hpc_total_m

Title Index:

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

INTRODUCTION
Report Organization

METHODOLOGY
HPC Forecast
Methodology Assumptions

HPC MARKET DYNAMICS MODEL AND FUNDAMENTAL FORECAST ASSUMPTIONS
Fundamental Market Assumptions
Fundamental Market Dampers
Model-Based Assumptions
Basic Market Drivers
Basic Market Dampers

TRADITIONAL HPC TOTAL MARKET FORECAST
Forecasting in Interesting Times
Economic Sector Based Forecast
Total Traditional HPC Market by Economic Sector
Total Traditional HPC Market by Product Class
Segment-Level Assumptions for Total HPC Market
Servers
Software
Storage
Services
Networks
Other
Server Forecast
Regional Forecast
Vertical Market Forecast

CONCLUSIONS
APPENDIX A: Segment Definitions
Server Class
Vertical Market Segment Definitions

Pricing:

Electronic  (Single User) : EUR 5897

Ordering - Three easy ways to place your order:

1] Order online at
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_traditional_hpc_total_m

2] Order by fax: Print an Order form from
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_traditional_hpc_total_m
 and Fax to +353 1 4100 980

3] Order by mail: Print an Order form from
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_traditional_hpc_total_m
 and post to Research and Markets Ltd. Guinness Center, Taylors Lane, Dublin 8.
Ireland.

Related Titles also available from Research and Markets:

Intersect360 Research User Site Census: Applications -
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_user_site_census_appli

Intersect360 Research Site Census Report - Storage -
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_site_census_report_st

Intersect360 Research HPC User Site Census: Interconnects/Networks -
http://www.researchandmarkets.com/product/916752/intersect360_research_hpc_user_site_census_i

Thank you for your consideration.

Best Regards,

Amy Cole
Senior Manager
Research and Markets Ltd
amy.cole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subscribe: Click on http://www.researchandmarkets.com/register.asp You can
subscribe free for regular details on new research in your sector.

Please note you are currently subscribed as xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

If you no longer wish to receive our market research updates, please reply to
this message with Suppression Request as the subject line, or use the link
below

http://www.researchandmarkets.com/u.asp?f=u&e=xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx