Re: xfsprogs: minimum version with these commands

To: Bogdan <bogdandr@xxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs: minimum version with these commands
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:52:54 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Bogdan wrote:
>  Hello.
>
>  I couldn't find this information in the xfsprogs ChangeLog, so I'm
> asking here: what is the minimum version of xfsprogs to:
>
> 1) contain these utilities: xfs_db, xfs_freeze, xfs_check, and
> 2) xfs_db accepts the following command-line parameters: -i, -c, and
> 3) xfs_freeze accepts the following command-line parameters: -f, -u, and
> 4) xfs_db accepts the following interactive mode commands: "freesp
> -d", "quit", "blockget -n", "ncheck", "sb 0", "print".

I am not surprised that changelogs do not mention when "quit" was
added to xfs_db ...!

>  Or is there a ChangeLog that covers all xfsprogs versions in such
> deatil that I would be able to find this myself? If so, where can I
> find it?

You could look at git and/or cvs history/blame to see when commands &
options were added.

Most of the things you ask about are SO OLD it will take some digging
through renames and moves.

Do you really need to know if "xfs_check" was added in 1994, or 1995, for
example? :)

This strikes me as a bit of an odd question; what is your motivation here?

-Eric